“We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”— Native American Proverb
Every day is Earth Day
Here at Positively Positive we celebrate the Earth every day and invite you to do the same so that we can all enjoy its beauty and bounty for generations. Here are just a few easy ways we can start:
1. Eat more healthful, local, sustainable food.
2. Recycle, reuse, repurpose.
3. Plant a garden at school or home.
4. Eliminate the use of pesticides and toxic cleaning products.
5. Bring your own reusable bags to the market/store.
6. Switch off tap while brushing and shaving.
7. Lower use of bottled water.
8. Wash all clothes in cold water.
9. Take shorter showers.
10. Donate hand-me-downs and items you don’t use.
11. Walk and bike more. Drive less.
12. Convert household bulbs to LED.
13. Unplug electrical appliances when not in use.
14. Turn down the heat/air-conditioning in your home when possible.
15. Educate others through your actions
We would love to hear from our incredible community. Please share your suggestions on ways that you preserve the Earth below.
Julie Handler is the co-founder of Positively Positive. Follow Julie on TWITTER.