So you go out of your way to help someone. You are friends and you really enjoy their company and think this is a friendship that will last for years. You share some good times together and create some good things together that help both of your businesses.
You start giving them access to more things and help them become more established. You become more generous with your finances, with your time and truly go out of your way to help them succeed and build them up.
Have you ever been in a position like that, where you feel good for helping someone out in life or business? You help them become financially more independent and help grow their business? It feels good right?
There is something about giving and helping others that really stirs up our soul in a positive way. That is what keeps me motivated on a daily basis and I know many people are driven by that too…and I love it.
But what happens when that person turns out to be someone you didn’t think they are.
What happens when the loving friend turns out to be a Vampire…A blood sucking Vampire that you realize has been taking you for a ride, doing things behind your back and then holding you hostage?
You simply cannot walk away from them as they have become woven into your life, in this case…my business.
I cannot simply close the door on them and focus on the positive. I have to continuously work with them each month. Vampires love to think that they control you, although:
It is not easy I know, and it does require a lot of patience and compassion on your side.
So after the initial disappointment of finding out who they really are and feeling sad, angry and pretty silly for having been taken advantage of, it gets to a stage where it becomes stressful, really uncomfortable and negative.
Almost all of us are exposed to this at some stage in our life. It may be a boss, a colleague, a neighbor, a friend, a lover, a family member or whatever. No matter how hard you try they can bring out super powerful negative emotions in you.
I always tell people not to run away from situations, but rather make a choice to move away from the relationships…but in this case, I cannot (yet) as I explained earlier. But I have created a back up plan so I don’t have to live with a vampire indefinitely.
So I have come up with my own action pan and I want to share that with you guys today.
This is an action plan for all of you guys out there who have a Vampire in your life, who has you trapped and is sucking the life out of you…
You ready? Good, because I am going to open the blinds and shed light on this darkness and freak these darn Vampires out.
- Allow the Vampire to be the Teacher – The Vampire is here to teach us our life’s lesson(s). The thing we battle with the most is the lesson we need to learn, otherwise other Vampires will come along and get you reacting the same way. This change in mindset will be a huge help.
- Vampires Love an Exposed Neck – that is where they sink their teeth in and that is your area of vulnerability. They prey on it and wait for the opening. Don’t give it to them. What is your area of vulnerability. Is it the things they say? Is it the things they do? Is it the way you react? What is giving them the opening to latch on? Whatever it is cover it up.
- Vampires Love the Dark – If you go play on their turf and you’re in a stressed, angry or anxious state before you have to engage them, you are just not going to be mentally and emotionally prepared to deal with them. So before you have to meet with them, get yourself filled with positive, loving and light energy. Do mantras, meditate, hang out with some positive, uplifting people or whatever will raise your mental and emotional state. That way you’ll be better prepared.
- Don’t Go for the Fight – if you’re going in expecting conflict, friction or a fight…guess what? You’re going to get it. Let them say what they want to say, do what they want to do, but do not react. Create an image in your mind of them having a funny clown face or doing something silly. That way you’ll focus on that funny vision rather than their words and actions. If there is nothing for the Vampire to fight back with that negative energy of theirs will simply dissipate and fade away.
- Open the Curtains – What is going to kill off a Vampire quicker than anything? Light! Positive and loving light. Meditate on that person and in your meditation visualize you showering them with love and light. Wish them happiness and success. See you waving them goodbye with a positive finish to your relationship. When in their presence, choose to focus on the positive the entire time. You can control your emotions. Write on a piece of paper, which you can keep in front of you, saying “Love, Peace, Light”. Focus on those words and that energy the entire time that you have to deal with your Vampire. Those good vibes will be emitted to the Vampire and will leave them with weak and exposed.
- You Cannot Control a Vampires Actions – If you’re waiting for the Vampire to change, you will be waiting your entire life. It isn’t going to happen. The only person you can control is yourself. So the change has to come from you. You have to learn how to respond, rather than just react. Remember… “how people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours”.
- Vampires think they are Strong, Smart and in Control – In fact the complete opposite is true. They do this to you, because of their own insecurities and shortcomings in the life. In most cases they are really having a tough time with their own life and choices they are making. Inside they are just scared individuals with many of their own fears. They try use these situations to overcome these insecurities and using this action pan will shine a bright light of truth on those and help dissolve them.
Good luck with the Vampires in your life and I will update you on the progress I have with mine.
Hayley Hobson is an author, speaker, Kick-A$$ Business Guru, 7 Figure MOM-treprenuer. and passionate about empowering others to live the life of their dreams and is based in Boulder, CO. Hayley creates lifestyle transformations by coaching her clients to become the best WHOLE version of themselves possible. To learn more about her nutritional courses, events, and custom programs, visit hayleyhobson.com or follow her on Facebook or Twitter.April 9, 2016