True wisdom usually holds and transcends opposing points of view. Wisdom knows that there is always an exception to the rule, that there is a time and place, and that a case-by-case approach is divine protocol.
If you can comfortably hold your paradoxes, you’re going to be just fine. @DanielleLaPorte (Click to Tweet!)
Because I’m suggesting that you:
- Love yourself first and foremost and… Include the world in your loving (and then get off your ass and be more selflessly engaged).
- Raise your standards and… Be more flexible and accommodating.
- Forgive and… Don’t forget.
- Honour spiritual traditions and… Be your own guru.
- Be open-hearted and… Have clear, strong boundaries.
- Be understanding and… Don’t take any sh-t.
- Have a vision and… Go with the flow.
- Trust and… Do the work.
- Get real and… Be idealistic.
- Be steadfast in your Truth and… Make all kinds of exceptions.
- Have strong preferences and… Be easy to please.
- Lead with your heart and… Your head.
- Own your extraordinariness and… Your ordinariness.
Because it’s up to you and…we’re all in this together.
And hey, we have all the time in the world, but… this is urgent.
Danielle LaPorte is an invited member of Oprah’s SuperSoul 100, a group who, in Oprah Winfrey’s words, “is uniquely connecting the world together with a spiritual energy that matters.” She is author of White Hot Truth: Clarity for keeping it real on your spiritual path—from one seeker to another. The Fire Starter Sessions, and The Desire Map: A Guide To Creating Goals With Soul—the book that has been translated into 8 languages, evolved into a yearly day planner system, a top 10 iTunes app, and an international workshop program with licensed facilitators in 15 countries. Named one of the “Top 100 Websites for Women” by Forbes, millions of visitors go to DanielleLaPorte.com every month for her daily #Truthbombs and what’s been called “the best place online for kickass spirituality.” A speaker, a poet, a painter, and a former business strategist and Washington-DC think tank exec, Entrepreneur Magazine calls Danielle, “equal parts poet and entrepreneurial badass…edgy, contrarian…loving and inspired.” Her charities of choice are Eve Ensler’s VDay: a global movement to end violence against women and girls, and charity: water, setting out to bring safe drinking water to everyone in the world. She lives in Vancouver, BC with her favourite philosopher, her son. You can find her @daniellelaporte and just about everywhere on social media.