One of the greatest obstacles I see with clients in their healing process is an all or nothing mentality.
Do you know what I am talking about?
Judgment about this or that being good or bad that can easily turn into self hatred and bad habits.
I’ve noticed in my practice that the more you focus on balance, the better results and healing seem to shine through over time.
Healing isn’t about fixing a problem. Healing is about honoring our needs physically, mentally, and spiritually so that we can live our lives with full of optimism, vitality, and excitement. @intuitionheals (Click to Tweet!)
I find that by adding small supportive things in a day, it’s enough to inspire greater change. By starting small, it’s easy to make it a part of your day to day routine. You don’t need to do 20 of them. Start with one thing, today, and then next week, try doing two or three if you’re feeling adventurous.
Ask yourself when you wake up in the morning what you can do to support yourself that day. Remember to start with one thing, and fit it in when it feels right. Don’t worry about being perfect, or doing too much. Today, start small and build up from there. That’s the best way to keep walking forward in your journey to self healing.
Knowing that you are honoring your body, your mind and your spirit is a magical feeling, and you’ll recognize that special place every time you honor your healing journey.
So what kind of small things am I talking about? Here are a couple of suggestions, things I do myself and recommend to my clients.
- 5 minutes of alone time to do conscious breathing (to start)!
- Drink water! In the morning, try drinking warm water with lemon, and drink lots of water throughout the day. For a special touch, add cucumber, or mint!
- Take a few minutes to stretch your body, and feel your body releasing tension you probably didn’t realize you were carrying! We all get so used to feeling tense, and stressed, so it’s amazing to feel your body releasing that. If you can, fit in a short walk too.
- This one is a biggie, but it’s so helpful. Put down your phone. No, really. Put down your phone, somewhere out of sight. I like to put my phone in airplane mode when I really need a break from the constant pull to check social media and e-mails. Start with a half hour, then an hour.
- Find a positive affirmation and write it down, saying it out loud when you do so. Put it somewhere you’ll see if often, and every so often, take a deep breath and repeat it to yourself. Do this as often as you can. Saying positive things to yourself can make a world of difference in your day.
- Lastly, journal. Write about whatever you’re feeling, just get things onto paper. Make a cup of tea, and pop on whatever music helps you de-stress, or do it in a quiet space if you prefer. Journaling is an amazing tool to use in your healing journey.
Being that it is your body, your list might look different than mine does, and that’s good! Don’t make a list of things you don’t enjoy. Why? Because you wont do them! Take a minute and think about things you do that help you feel supported and whole, and write them out.
If you feel inspired to share things on your list, please post below! Inspire others by sharing your wisdom and insight, and maybe get some great ideas yourself. It can be hard to know where to start, so your experience and support can be life changing just by sharing a comment below!
Above all, please remember that you are born to live a healthy and joyful life and it truly starts with you spending a little time with your beautiful self!
In Healing and Love,
Robin Lee is a medical intuitive, author, mentor, gratitude advocate, and speaker who has helped thousands of people around the world understand the language of their bodies. Robin believes that our bodies innately know how to balance and heal themselves if given proper care and support. Visit her website and follow her on Facebook and Twitter, where she shares tips, tools, and techniques to honor our bodies and heal our lives!
Image courtesy of Simon Robben.