I gave this talk at a local TEDx event in San Diego. I revealed how at one point failure led me to consider suicide, and how I turned my life around by following five key practices.
- Improve your physical health (focus on exercise and diet)
- Improve your emotional health (be around people that you love and trust)
- Improve your spiritual health (always expressing gratitude)
- Capture your brilliance (write down ten ideas every day)
- And finally, give without expectation (give your ideas away)
If you don’t make the choices in your own life, then someone else is going to end up making them for you, and it won’t be good.
James Altucher has built and sold several companies, and failed at dozens more. He’s written twelve books, and The Power of No is the book to RULE THEM ALL. (Although he is also fond of Choose Yourself.) He’s an investor in twenty different companies. He writes every day. He doesn’t have enough friends. Still interested in knowing him? Follow him on Facebook and Twitter.