If you know how you truly want to feel in your life — then you’ve got to hook that awareness up to some action.
What are you going to do this week, today, now, to feel the way you want to feel? @DanielleLaPorte
(Click to Tweet!)
Taking responsibility for generating your core desired feelings is one of the most creatively powerful decisions you can make. Try it.
I asked the sincere seekers in The Desire Map Facebook group how they’re matching their souls to their to-do lists. Take notes.
Sometimes, the way to fulfilled desire is a dramatic gesture or a major leap. But mostly, it’s a daily practice of choices for intentional pleasure.
TO FEEL THE WAY I WANT TO FEEL…
- “I’m doing a wardrobe clear out (Sex & the City style – with girlfriends and champagne), getting rid of anything that doesn’t help me feel Radiant & Joyful (eg. worn-out, ill-fitting and/or belonging in my former corporate life).” – Belinda
- “I made a beautiful meal for my sister this morning: Connection. I’m wearing my favorite scarf: Radiant.” – Stacey
- “I’m organizing my office: Empowered.” – Jackie
- “I’m taking a meditation class: Inspired and seeing family and having friend dates: Joyful.” – Ellie
- “I’m starting hip-hop dance classes this week — Badass flowing through my veins.” – Cynthia
- “I adopted three baby kittens. ALIVE!” – Paula
- “I mopped the floor. A clean house makes me feel Abundant.” – Cecilia
- “I’m wearing my “party shoes” (four inch heels) to the office instead of my usual comfy chunky heels and my sparkly sequined sweater: Fierce/Vitality. Emailing a friend who I’ve felt some distance from lately: Genuine.” – Haley
- “I’m making art this week. Painting and drawing and creative visual art projects are the closest I’ve come to feeling desire, alive, visceral, palpable.” – Fotini
What are you doing today to feel the way you want to feel?
Danielle LaPorte is the creator of The Desire Map: A Guide To Creating Goals With Soul — the book that turned into a day planner system, a top iTunes app, and an international workshop program. A Desire Map workshop happens every weekend somewhere in the world. Author of The Fire Starter Sessions and the wildly popular #Truthbomb series, Danielle is also the co-creator of Your Big Beautiful Book Plan and co-host of the Beautiful Writer’s Group podcast.
Entrepreneur Magazine calls her “equal parts poet and entrepreneurial badass…edgy, contrarian…loving and inspired.” A speaker, poet, former business strategist and Washington-DC think tank exec, she writes weekly at DanielleLaPorte.com, where over four million visitors have gone for her straight-up advice — a site that’s been deemed “the best place online for kick-ass spirituality,” and was named one of the “Top 100 Websites for Women” by Forbes. The Huffington Post named her Twitter feed as one of the “12 of Wisest Twitter Accounts Worth Following.” You can find her @daniellelaporte just about everywhere.