Life feels heavy right now for many of us.
We are all challenged these days with a lot of uncertainty.
There is a great divide, and people on both sides are hurting and confused.
You probably want desperately to figure this world out, but all that really makes sense is that nothing makes sense.
And this futile struggle toward understanding something that can’t be understood just feels like further suffering.
Here’s how I deal with making sense of anything in and of this world:
I focus on what makes sense.
The answers are right in front of you if you only look for them.
Here is my list of things that will always make sense to me, no matter what:
1. God makes sense.
2. Love makes sense.
3. Music makes sense.
4. Comedy makes sense.
5. Laughing makes sense.
6. Giving makes sense.
7. Caring makes sense.
8. Pleasing myself makes sense.
9. Pleasing others makes sense.
10. Being married to someone I honor and treasure makes sense.
11. Doing what my heart tells me to do makes sense.
12. Prayer makes sense.
13. Generosity makes sense.
14. Dancing makes sense.
15. Theater makes sense.
16. The Arts make sense.
17. Community makes sense.
18. Babies make sense.
19. Curiosity makes sense
20. Wonder makes sense.
21. Orgasms make sense.
22. Loving my body makes sense.
23. Saying yes makes sense.
24. Saying no makes sense.
25. Wearing clothes I love makes sense.
26. Feeling sexy makes sense.
27. Feeling powerful makes sense.
28. Traveling makes sense.
29. Animals make sense.
30. Trees and all things natural make sense.
31. Good meals make sense.
32. Good friends make sense.
33. Loving my family makes sense.
34. Working out and feeling strong in my body makes sense.
35. Meditation makes sense.
36. Healing from old trauma makes sense.
37. Having a job I love makes sense.
38. Having clients I love makes sense.
39. Honoring other cultures and religions makes sense.
40. Beauty makes sense.
41. Balance makes sense.
42. Self-care makes sense.
43. Self-love makes sense.
44. Self-acceptance makes sense.
45. Palm trees make sense.
46. Aloha makes sense.
47. A good book makes sense.
48. Staying strong & healthy makes sense.
49. Passion makes sense.
50. Popcorn makes sense.
51. My life makes sense.
When I focus on these things, suddenly the world feels a lot safer and less chaotic. No matter what else is going on in the world, there are so many things that I can count on to make sense.
What makes sense for you?
I welcome your comments.
Laura Fenamore, Body Image Expert, Coach and acclaimed Author is on a mission to help women around the world end the constant battle with their bodies and start adoring who they see in the mirror. Her approach walks students and readers through the heartfelt journey to self-love at any size or age by unlocking the secrets to a lifetime of emotional, physical and spiritual health. After overcoming a lifelong battle with addiction, obesity, and eating disorders, Laura released 100 pounds – keeping it off for more than 28 years. She chronicles this journey to self-love and health in her widely acclaimed book, Skinny, Fat, Perfect: Love Who You See in the Mirror. Learn more about Laura’s programs, or invite her to speak by visiting SkinnyFatPertect.com.