Whether it rained or not where you live in April, did you shower away some of the muck in your mind to make space for new ideas (flowers) that May might bring (bloom) for you?
We are living in a climate of fear due to war, global warming and oh yes, let’s not forget how divided we are as a people.
And yet, I believe people are hungry for hope, faith, trust and love.
Often times when fear and faith are tested, fear will win out when it is in the collective psyche of the culture. I am not denying that things are challenging for many of us.
But any downward cycle eventually has only one way to go, and that is up.
So where are you and is your mind supporting fear or faith, healing or dis-ease?
I believe that our collective thoughts either fuel or fan where we are going.
I am calling us ALL out to cool the flames knowing that this fire of fear will eventually burn out.
And even if it never did, would you prefer to be at peace or in pain?
6 Simple Tips to Support Faith, Health and Peace throughout the Remainder of May
1. Bless 5 people you see every day. It’s easy to bless those you love so I challenge you to bless those who push your buttons or you don’t like. Notice how much better you feel by blessings others (and you may want to look inward if this feels like an impossible act).
2. Eat one (real) meal of whole foods everyday. No processed food for at least one meal a day and notice how you feel to be eating food directly from the earth.
3. Face your fears head on. Denying them, hiding them, fighting them, ignoring them will just make them grow. Pray for willingness to face your fears so that you can let them go. The issues are in our tissues and fester. Feel, release your fears and move on.
4. If you are not moving, schedule at least one-60 minutes of physical activity once a week for the remainder of the month. The challenge is to choose something that you long to do and think you can’t. Perhaps a dance class, kayaking, yoga or taking that springtime walk that you keep promising yourself. Life is precious. Your body wants to move.
5. Write down a minimum of five things every day for the remainder of the month that you are grateful for. And extra credit is to never repeat any of the things you are grateful for. There is an abundant and endless stream of things to be grateful for, regardless of how challenging life may feel.
May your lives bloom like the May flowers and may the darkness be overshadowed by the lightness of springtime. @laurafenamore (Click to Tweet!)
And feel free to share a tool or technique below that you use to clear your muck.
Laura Fenamore, Body Image Expert, Coach and acclaimed Author is on a mission to help women around the world end the constant battle with their bodies and start adoring who they see in the mirror. Her approach walks students and readers through the heartfelt journey to self-love at any size or age by unlocking the secrets to a lifetime of emotional, physical and spiritual health. After overcoming a lifelong battle with addiction, obesity, and eating disorders, Laura released 100 pounds – keeping it off for more than 28 years. She chronicles this journey to self-love and health in her widely acclaimed book, Skinny, Fat, Perfect: Love Who You See in the Mirror. Learn more about Laura’s programs, or invite her to speak by visiting SkinnyFatPertect.com.
Image courtesy of Valeria Boltneva.