- When you post client testimonials on your blog, include a reply of gratitude.
- Commit to a year-long experiment and document it.
- Talk publicly about what you’re working on: “I’m writing this book”, “I’m researching a cure for…” You never know who’s listening.
- Launch on your birthday. It’s just more fun that way.
- Offer a teleseminar with the cost going to charity.
- Join forces with a local artist to make some beautiful stuff.
- Commission art.
- Host an old-fashioned fundraiser: a yoga-thon, a read-athon, an account-athon, a coach-athon, a knit-athon.
- Give it away for free.
- Host events in your city: other speakers, workshop leaders, film screenings. Be a maven.
- Start an advice column. Make it slightly hilarious.
- If you had five minutes on your local noon hour news show, what would you talk about that connects your wisdom/business to current affairs? Turn that into an email pitch.
- Say yes to every single interview or writing request for the first year.
- Say thank you. Mean it.
- Start an award.
- Set up your blog posts so that they automatically feed into your book page on Amazon.com.
- Create a password-protected area of the site for retailers and prospective alliances to access sales kits that include video instructions, printable materials, and relevant news.
- Send handwritten notes.
- Write a theme song for your business.
- Throw a thank you party.
Your friend with the awesome thing needs happy promo ideas. Press send.
Danielle LaPorte is an invited member of Oprah’s SuperSoul 100, a group who, in Oprah Winfrey’s words, “is uniquely connecting the world together with a spiritual energy that matters.” She is author of White Hot Truth: Clarity for keeping it real on your spiritual path—from one seeker to another. The Fire Starter Sessions, and The Desire Map: A Guide To Creating Goals With Soul—the book that has been translated into 8 languages, evolved into a yearly day planner system, a top 10 iTunes app, and an international workshop program with licensed facilitators in 15 countries.
Named one of the “Top 100 Websites for Women” by Forbes, millions of visitors go to DanielleLaPorte.com every month for her daily #Truthbombs and what’s been called “the best place online for kickass spirituality.” A speaker, a poet, a painter, and a former business strategist and Washington-DC think tank exec, Entrepreneur Magazine calls Danielle, “equal parts poet and entrepreneurial badass…edgy, contrarian…loving and inspired.” Her charities of choice are Eve Ensler’s VDay: a global movement to end violence against women and girls, and charity: water, setting out to bring safe drinking water to everyone in the world. She lives in Vancouver, BC with her favourite philosopher, her son. You can find her @daniellelaporte and just about everywhere on social media.