Some reflections of fall – and what it represents to me.
- Color is such a powerful healer and the fall colors light me up. (Despite the fact that people think that West Coasters do not get colors, we do! And true, they’re not as vibrant as New England, yet they are still beautiful and they make me smile).
- This is the time to gather the harvest as you approach winter’s darkness. It’s the perfect time for deeper introspection and reflection on what you want more of or less of in your life.
- It’s a time to release and let go. The leaves falling are a great metaphor for allowing old pains to drop away. YOU CAN let go of those things that no longer serve you such as physical and emotional weight on your body.
- Halloween offers all of us a time to be silly, creative, and to have fun. (And remember that despite popular belief, excess sugar is not necessary to have fun.)
- With the light changing, you can allow yourself to rest more and do a little less.
- Enjoy the abundance and bounty of the harvest vegetables and fruits (have you tried baked apples with cinnamon!? YUM). A nice reminder of the sweetness of life!
- This is a time to reach out to those you love and let them know how much they mean to you; and how much you love them. And please put yourself at the top of that list!
- With Thanksgiving Day just around the corner, you can begin celebrating how much you have to be grateful for.
- While every day is a time to express gratitude, there is something about this season that highlights it like no other. A time to fall in love with yourself!
- (An invitation for you) In honor of the fall, I am grateful to be speaking on November 1st at: The Home in Harmony Master Class where you will learn successful secrets for home harmony, health, happiness, and abundance from an extraordinary group of nationally and internationally recognized authorities! Click here for all the details and receive your complimentary All-Access-Pass to the Home in Harmony Master Class.
What stands out about fall season for you?
Anything on your agenda this year that you want to share with me? I welcome hearing from you in the comments below.
Laura Fenamore, Body Image Expert, Coach and acclaimed Author is on a mission to help women around the world end the constant battle with their bodies and start adoring who they see in the mirror. Her approach walks students and readers through the heartfelt journey to self-love at any size or age by unlocking the secrets to a lifetime of emotional, physical and spiritual health. After overcoming a lifelong battle with addiction, obesity, and eating disorders, Laura released 100 pounds – keeping it off for more than 28 years. She chronicles this journey to self-love and health in her widely acclaimed book, Skinny, Fat, Perfect: Love Who You See in the Mirror. Learn more about Laura’s programs, or invite her to speak by visiting SkinnyFatPertect.com.
Image courtesy of Jakob Owens.