One of the biggest questions I get in my practice is how to get more energy in today’s fast paced, stressful world. In today’s blog I wanted to share five simple tips for you so you can run into 2019 feeling energized and optimistic!
1. Check your water intake! How much water are you drinking? You should aim for a minimum of 65 to 85 ounces a day. So often our energy is in the dumps due to simple dehydration! If you’re like most people, you’re likely to reach out for another cup of coffee or soda. Next time you’re feeling in the dumps reach out for a more hydrating beverage — like water, tea, or even a healthy greens juice! So often the body is looking for much needed minerals in a green juice or some simple hydration with water.
2. Exercise at least three times a week! Get moving (and sweating). The last thing most people feel like doing when they’re tired is exercising, and though it sounds counter intuitive, a quick 15 minute walk or exercise session can really help clear your mind and increase your energy!
3. Minimize your sugar consumption! Sugar will give you an immediate energy buzz with a big crash not too far down the road. If you are craving sugar try to have a serving of protein and some water instead and see if the sugar craving is still holding on! If it’s still there after 20 minutes, try a fresh piece of fruit with a protein!
4. Get outside! If you live in a warm climate with lots of daily sunshine, make it a priority to get outside for 15 minutes a day. The sun supplies our bodies with natural Vitamin D, a critical vitamin most people are deficient in! If you live in a climate where it’s gray and overcast, find a high quality Vitamin D supplement to take, and when it is sunny, bundle up and get outside.
5. Lastly, work on those stress levels! Besides dehydration, stress is your number two buzz kill when it comes to energy. When you notice you are feeling stressed, take a few deep breaths and ask how you can support yourself to feel more relaxed. Listen for the answers! Your body is always happy to communicate with you. You just need to remember to ask — and to take the time to listen.
So often we forget that our day to day choices affect how we physically feel. May this be a little reminder to you that you DO matter, that your choices matter, and that you deserve to feel full of energy and vitality! @intuitionheals (Click to Tweet!)
I hope these tips help you have a healthy and vibrant year!
Robin Lee is a medical intuitive, author, mentor, gratitude advocate, and speaker who has helped thousands of people around the world understand the language of their bodies. Robin believes that our bodies innately know how to balance and heal themselves if given proper care and support. Visit her website and follow her on Facebook and Twitter, where she shares tips, tools, and techniques to honor our bodies and heal our lives!
Image courtesy of Seth Doyle.