Healing often means getting back to the basics and simplifying things.
Water is one of the most important daily habits we can practice when it comes to preventative medicine. Being properly hydrated supports positive energy levels, better bowel movements, lessens appetite, keeps our bodies naturally detoxifying and clearing pollutants, and helps create relaxation .
Recently, I had a client tell me how difficult of a time she was having drinking her daily water intake (64 to 84 ounces for most people). I gave her a couple of simple ideas to help make the habit of staying hydrated easier, and wanted to share them with you too!
1. Consider filling up one container in the morning with the entire amount you’re supposed to drink for the day. Take water from that container all day until it’s empty, instead of filling glasses throughout the day from another source. It will help you to see your own progress!
2. Set a reminder on your phone every hour to drink a glass of water, or put a post it note somewhere you’ll see it frequently. I have a note on my fridge that helps me, but whatever you think will work for your lifestyle- commit to increasing your water intake!
3. Make drinking water special! I’d recommend using or buying a special glass that’s used exclusively for water (I use a blue wine glass). Try for six to eight ounces in each glass.
4. For a special touch, add pieces of fresh fruit and/or herbs in the water container to make spa water. This gives it a subtle yet refreshing taste! My favorite fruits and herbs to add are strawberries, rosemary, basil, lemon, and blackberries — but you can use anything you’d like!
5. Every time you drink a glass of water tell yourself — I LOVE MY BODY!
I can’t tell you how many times clients say to me, “I know, I know, I need to drink more water.” This happens BEFORE I even say anything! If you fall into this category, don’t beat yourself up.
Self care is all about easily creating habits that allow you to feel amazing and vital in your body. @intuitionheals (Click to Tweet!)
If you aren’t currently in the cool kids club drinking 64 to 80 ounces of water a day, let today be a great day to commit to it by using the helpful hints above. They work! There are so many ailments out there that can be balanced out by committing to drinking more water.
Glasses in the air to your health and healing!
Robin Lee is a medical intuitive, author, mentor, gratitude advocate, and speaker who has helped thousands of people around the world understand the language of their bodies. Robin believes that our bodies innately know how to balance and heal themselves if given proper care and support. Visit her website and follow her on Facebook and Twitter, where she shares tips, tools, and techniques to honor our bodies and heal our lives!
Image courtesy of Jana Sabeth Schultz.