No matter what’s going on in your corner of the world, I want you to know that I’m sending you love.
No matter how this global situation has affected you and your family, I want you to know that I’m thinking of you and our entire community.
Mike and I are committed to showing up in a way that contributes to this being a healing experience for all of us.
So, we recorded a new episode of The Kate & Mike Show for you where we shared:
- How we’re navigating self-isolation (including some missteps and how we’re learning from them)
- Five specific tips for tending to your nervous system during this time so you can signal your body to rest, restore, and heal instead of activate fight, flight, or freeze
- Six steps to take stock of what’s happening and pivot your business in an effective, helpful way
- Why giving away all of your stuff for free may or may not be the best thing to do right now as a business owner
- The way we’re staying informed without freaking out
- One perspective on this unprecedented time that’s bringing us a lot of peace and solace
This is weird. We’re here for you. Take really good care of yourself and each other.
IN THIS EPISODE
- How our personal lives and business has been impacted recently [2:35]
- What we feel that you don’t have to show up fully right now – and it’s ok to take a break [3:50]
- The steps to take to be “stoic” at a time like this [5:40]
- What to remember and the media’s business model and objectives [8:00]
- The opportunity that exists right now for Mother Earth right now [10:32]
- What’s keeping Mike grounded and how he’s shifted his perspective [12:28]
- Tips and strategies for healing our nervous systems [15:33]
- Where business owners can get help during these trying times [24:50]
- How we’ve chosen to help others and the pivot we’ll be leading our community through next month [31:55]
- What to do if you’re working at home with your children [37:20]
- The importance of laughter, and other things to keep in mind in order to stay healthy [40:00]
Kate Northrup is an entrepreneur, bestselling author, and mother who supports ambitious, motivated and successful women to light up the world without burning themselves out in the process. Committed to empowering women entrepreneurs to create their most successful businesses while navigating motherhood, Kate is the founder and CEO of Origin Collective, a monthly membership site where women all over the world gather to achieve more while doing less. Her first book, Money: A Love Story, has been published in 5 languages. Kate’s work has been featured by The Today Show, Yahoo! Finance, Women’s Health, Glamour, and The Huffington Post, and she’s spoken to audiences of thousands with Hay House, Wanderlust, USANA Health Sciences, and more. Kate lives with her husband and business partner, Mike, and their daughter Penelope in Maine. Find out more and receive your free copy of the 5 Simple and effective ways to get the results you want in your business at katenorthrup.com.
Image courtesy of Mateus Campos Felipe.