I personally have oscillated from the feminine to the masculine and back again, throughout my business journey. I have either been pushing and acting with little rest, or have felt overwhelmed and exhausted so had to stop for a while. There have also been times where I have been quite passive in my feminine and sat back without taking any action on ideas or towards my vision.
Our lives are always changing. You may find that at certain times in your life you have been more in your feminine and at others more in your masculine. The world certainly favours masculine characteristics in the typical working world, at least in my experience, and if this is the case you may start to become out of balance as you give more of this energy to what you are doing.
We need both the masculine and feminine energies in life. We can’t have just one or we become unbalanced. For example: when we are creating something new in our lives, we may need the feminine energy to come up with or receive the ideas, allowing space and fluidity. But then the masculine energy is needed to take action and bring the ideas into physical form.
It can take time and energy to bring the masculine and feminine back into balance and, of course, awareness of these in the first place.
Here is a simple outline of some of the characteristics of the feminine and the masculine.
The feminine is receptive, passive, more intuitive, inward.
The feminine in balance has these characteristics: flowing, nurturing, tender, kind, intuitive, creative, feeling, still, radiant, surrendering, sensitive, emotional, easeful, and allowing.
The out of balance feminine can be needy, co-dependent, overly-emotional, victim mentality, powerless, weak, manipulative, withholding.
The masculine is projective, more expansive, outward.
The masculine in balance has these characteristics: confident, responsible, focused, strong, logical, stable, supportive, direct, clear, protective, boundaried, courageous, disciplined, capable, certain, and assertive.
The out of balance masculine can be confrontational, critical, abusive, unsupportive, unstable, dominant, aggressive, controlling, competitive, a perpetrator, abuse power.
How do these characteristics of the two energies resonate with you? Do you feel like you may be out of balance in your business at all?
Here are some suggestions to help bring you into each of these energies.
Ways to embody more feminine energy
The feminine energy is connected to the sacral chakra – which is the creativity centre of your being. A few things you could do are:
- Wear more orange or have more orange items around you.
- Allow yourself to tap into your creativity in whatever way that means to you.
- Tap into your pleasure – what do you enjoy? What brings you pleasure?
- Be open to receiving. Ask for help or support from others and allow yourself to receive it without judgement or obligation.
- Be more playful.
- Allow yourself to collaborate and co-create with others.
- Trust and listen to your own intuition. Spend time in meditation to connect to your inner wisdom.
- Listen to your body and what it needs. The left side of your body and the right side of your brain are connected to the feminine. So pay attention to anything that part is trying to tell you.
Ways to embody more masculine energy
The masculine energy is connected to the solar plexus chakra – which is the power centre of your being. A few things you could do are:
- Take action on things that you want to do or are being called to do.
- Put systems and/or structures in place to support you, so you feel held and safe in your endeavours.
- Tap into your inner warrior – do strength training exercises and stand in ‘power’ poses.
- Stand up and speak up for what you believe in.
- Have strong, clear boundaries in all areas of your life.
- Listen to your body and what it needs. The right side of your body and the left side of your brain are connected to the masculine. So pay attention to anything that part is trying to tell you.
When it comes to bringing more feminine or masculine energy into your business (and life) and deciding what you need more or less of, it’s about awareness and checking in with yourself and how you feel regularly.
Really begin to notice what’s happening and trust yourself. For example, are you pushing too hard and not resting? Are you over-giving and not taking responsibility for yourself?
It can be a delicate balance of moving between the two energies, embodying each as and when you need them. You will likely find that you are more naturally attuned to one than the other, and this may even show up in different capacities at different times.
So, as you get to know yourself and how you show up, you can start to tune into where you might want to bring in more feminine or more masculine energy to support you overall.
Tara Jackson is a business intuitive and mentor, Colour Mirrors alchemist, and the founder of Empathpreneurs, a business service for empath entrepreneurs supporting them to align and ground their businesses with the chakras. She is the author of ‘Embodied – A self-care guide for sensitive souls’ and ‘Embodied – A guide to grounding and aligning your business chakras for empathpreneurs’. As well as looking at the practical elements of running an online business from systems and processes to PR and marketing, done in a way to honor the needs of sensitive souls, she also supports her clients to clear and release blocks to business impact and success through ancestral and past life healing, and colour therapy.
Image courtesy of Meryl Katys.