When it comes to talent, there’s good news and bad news. The good news is, you have talent. The bad news, so does everyone else. Every person is born with some kind of talent.
Having talent, in and of itself, is not special.
What’s special is the person who has the courage to see how far their talent can take them. The most common thing in the world are very talented people, who are doing nothing with it.
Becoming a great artist means making a serious commitment to develop your talent. Great training is the only thing that will free your talent. Otherwise, it will sleep inside you forever.
The most successful people, I know, take their talent for a workout every day. That’s the only way it’s going to get stronger!!!
Here are some advice and exercises that you must do regularly, to develop and keep your talent growing:
1. Take dance classes. Nothing happens until something moves! Get in touch with your body.That’s where your talent lives.
2. Take singing lessons. It doesn’t matter how you sound. You need to find the power to vocally express your ideas.
3. You must enhance your five senses. Becoming more sensitive today than you were yesterday makes you a better artist and human being.
4. Express whatever is going on inside you. Don’t hide your emotions. Pain and anger, unexpressed, will kill your career and your life.
5. Go into nature and understand life from a different perspective. Find some quiet time to listen and nurture your soul.
6. Have fun, laugh a lot. Happy people are more creative and achieve more goals.
7. You are what you study. Read about all the things you want to achieve. You want to be successful, healthy, happy? Read books about them.
8. Talk to three people you don’t know everyday. Open yourself up to a variety of personalities.
9. Travel a lot and experience life in a new way. You will become a more interesting person.
10. Take classes that inspire and scare you. That’s the only way you will ever grow.
Everyday cheer for your talent. THAT’S RIGHT! Talent needs to be acknowledged. It’s like a baby, needing lot’s of love and attention. Find a mentor to help you develop and nourish your gifts.
So, don’t waste any more time. Your talent is WAITING to be developed!
Bernard Hiller is the premier acting and success coach in Hollywood. His revolutionary techniques and methods have taken the artistic and business community by storm. He teaches sold-out Masterclasses in over 16 countries. He trains top artists in Los Angeles and CEO’s around the globe. His methods of “behavior transformation” have resulted in amazing acting and business success. Bernard has started the career of Cameron Diaz and coached Jeff Goldblum, Lionel Richie, LL Cool J, Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Doran, Emma Roberts, Billy Crystal, and Jennifer Garner to name only a few. Leonardo DiCaprio recommends him as the top coach in town. Bernard’s #1 Acting and Success book, “Stop Acting-Start Living“ is a must read. You can connect with him on Facebook & Twitter.
Image courtesy of unsplash.com.