What are your practices for staying centered? The yogic wisdom is clear – how you end your day is how you start your next day. Yet we make choices in the last few hours before we go to sleep that sabotage our ability to replenish. We can blame work, other people, money, etc. for our stress but the truth is you and I have a lot of power to reduce our stress and increase our clarity and feelings of calm by the choices we make in the last two hours of our day.
This is the practice of DOWNSHIFTING – the rhythm and routines and actions you take from the hours of 4pm to you go to sleep.
My question for you is ….
- What choices are you making that are draining you?
- What choices are sustaining you?
Especially in the last two hours of your evening which is where we will focus our conversation.
We need practices for staying centered in this chaotic world or you will be like a windsock with no pole.
IN THIS FEMININE POWER TIME #117: DOWNSHIFTING:
SUPERPOWER PRACTICE FOR STAYING CENTERED IN CHAOTIC TIMES
#1 OF 3 PART GRACE UNDER PRESSURE SERIES WHERE WE DIVE INTO:
- How do you stay centered, calm and clear in a chaotic world??
- The practice of BOOKENDING your days – Where your power lies to stay outside the swirl by how you start and end
- The practice of DOWNSHIFTING
- The sabotaging ways you may be downshifting including the ‘second shift’ and ‘the wine down’
- Simple shifts you can make in the last hour before you go to bed that will have a significant impact on your calm, clarity and centeredness
We’ll get real and practical about how to use downshifting to get the replenishment you need, and replace sabotaging evening habits with new ones that support you.
- What you put into your body, mind, psychic field goes to bed with you – how about that!
- When you mimic mother natures rhythm, your rhythm comes into harmony
- Downshifting is not something additional you do, it is how you do what you are already doing
I LOVE this practice and every year before the equinoxes, I up my commitment and awareness of it.
To TUNE IN
Christine Arylo, MBA, is a women’s leadership advisor, transformational teacher and best selling author who works with women to make shift happen – in the lives they lead, the work they do, and the impact they desire to make. Marrying 20 years of business experience with 15 years of feminine & yogic wisdom training, Arylo illuminates how to lead and live a different way, the “feminine way” – professionally successful, internally empowered, and personally sustainable and satisfying. A powerful mentor and teacher known for her ability to translate deep wisdom into practical super powers, her programs on intuition, feminine power, and cultivating resilience, self-love and courage have reached over 35,000 students worldwide. She’s committed to working with emerging and established women leaders to awaken their full power and presence to lead the world and those they love and lead to more a more sustainable, compassionate and equitable world for all. Arylo is known for her powerful and real presence that inspires personal and social transformation. And for her stand for sisterhood and what is possible when women come together, drop their masks, speak from their hearts and truly support each other. Christine currently lives on an island off the coast of Seattle, where she is working on her fourth book: “Overwhelmed and Over It: Why It’s Not Your Fault and How to Find the Power To Change It.” Learn more about Christine at www.ChristineArylo.com and learn more about her Feminine Power Time Podcast at www.FemininePowerPodcast.com.
Image courtesy of Patrick Hendry.